How to Watch BT Sport on Firestick
By Christine Margret 8 minutes
Amazon’s Firestick is a digital media streaming device. The device is part of the family of devices under the banner of Fire TV. It isAmazon’s play in delivering entertainment to the living room.
Firestick is no bigger than an average-sized USB thumb drive but more capable than its size. It plays smart apps that you can download through the Fire TV app store. The app store features hundreds of apps, such as Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, and even BT Sport on Firestick.
It gives Firestick the ability to stream from a variety of sources, such as through the BTSport app on Firestick. You can easily watch your favorite movies andTV shows and even Live TV.
Read on as we explain how to install BT Sport on Firestick.
How to Install BT Sport App on Firestick
BT Sport is a cable network that provides sports enthusiasts the fuel they need. It streams the latest sports right onto to your device. The great thing is that you don’t need a TV to enjoy all the latest sports action, pick any major device and BT Sport will work just fine, that includes BT Sport on Firestick.
Don’t know how to watch BT Sport on FireStick? Let us help you!
Watch BT Sport on Firestick with BT TV App
- Launch Fire TV
- From the Home Screen head into the Apps section
- Type “BT TV App” in the search bar icon
- Hit on download from the app page
- Once the download is complete, launch the BT TV from your app list
BT TV is a paid channel. You will need to subscribe first in order to gain access to the content. Once you’ve connected BT TV with your account, head over to the Sports section to watch all the latest entertainment.
How to Watch Live BT TV Sport on Firestick
BT Sport is one of the leading channels in the United Kingdom. It’s part of the BT Group that is a telecommunications giant in the region.
It’s a paid channel, it requires a subscription to grant you access. The great thing about BT Sports is that not only does it offer cable subscription, you can also watch the channel over the internet. BT TV offers live streams over the internet, it also includes BT Sport on Fire Stick, making BT TV a complete package for entertainment enthusiasts.
The live stream can be used to your advantage if you reside out of the United Kingdom. With the power of VPN, you can spoof your location by switching to the United Kingdom and watch BT Sport on Firestick.
FastestVPN features 150+ servers which include servers based in the United Kingdom. All you have to do is subscribe to BT TV and FastestVPN. Then launch FastestVPN, connect with the United Kingdom server, and launch the BT TV / BTSport app on Firestick and watch live sports easily.
Watch BT Sport on Amazon Firestick
As we mentioned, Fire TV/Firestick is a digital media streaming device that features hundreds of apps. One such compatible app is Kodi.
Kodi is a media streaming software. It hosts a large collection of add-ons that includes apps like Netflix, Youtube, and more. But because Kodi is an open-source software build on Android, it features an even larger library of add-ons created by the Kodi community.
We can load BT Sport on Fire Stick to watch live sports. But first, we need to install Kodi on Fire TV/Firestick. We will cover how to install BT Sports app on Firestick later, but first, we need to download and install Kodi.
How to Install Kodi to Watch BT Sport on Firestick
- From the Home Screen, go to Settings
- Then navigate to Device > Developer Options
- Locate the Developer Options setting and enable it
Now the Fire TV/Firestick is ready to install apps from outside of the official source, you can push the BT Sports app on FireStick.
- Search for Downloader app from the app store
- Launch the Downloader app once it’s installed
- Insert this link in the URL field https://kodi.tv/download
- On the next screen, pick the version of Kodi that’s compatible with your Fire TV / Firestick. Pick 32-bit if you have the first-generation Fire TV / Firestick and 64-bit if newer generation.
- Now you will have the option to choose between “release” and “nightly” build. The difference is that the former is a final build and the latter is the latest working-in-progress build. Go for the release version as it’s not likely to cause problems.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to confirm the installation. The page will show you all the permissions Kodi will require on your Firestick. Accept all of them in order to play BT Sports app on Firestick.
Now that Kodi is installed, it’s time to prepare BT Sport on Firestick. Follow these steps:
- Launch Kodi
- Go to Add-ons
- Click on the package installer icon
- Select Install from Repository
- Choose the Kodi Add-on Repository
- Go to Video Add-ons
- Now scroll and find BT Sport Video
- Hit Install
- Wait for the notification to pop up depicting add-on installation
- Go back to the home screen and you will find the add-on under video add-ons.
- Click on BT Sports Video and that’s it! Now you can watch BT sport on Firestick via Kodi.
Cast BT Sport on Firestick Using the BT TV Mobile App
To follow this method, make sure you have the latest firmware. Hence, update your Firestick to the latest version of Fire OS.
It’s easy to cast the BT Sport channel on your Firestick if you use the BT TB mobile app on your android phone/tab.
All you need is to launch the BT Sport channel stream from your BT TV mobile app, click where you see the Cast icon on the top-right corner, and that’s it. However, the iOS BT TV app doesn’t support casting on Fire TV devices.
Install BT Sport App on Firestick using Es File Explorer?
ES File Explorer is a built-in Android file manager. The same file manager is also available on the Firestick, and it’s capable of downloading from the Amazon App Store.
I am mentioning this process here, assuming that you already know how to download ES File Explorer on Firestick.
Once you get the file manager on your Firestick device, follow the outlined steps to download BT Sport App:
- Launch ES File Explorer
- Find a +New option on the Home screen, and tap on it to open
- You will now be asked to enter the file name and path information
- Fill the following details in the field Path: https://bit.ly/2zVOKvX Name: BT Sport App
- Now click on Download
- Now the downloading for BT Sport APK for Firestick will begin
- When the downloading finishes, click to Open File
- Click on Install
- Again, click on Install
- The BT Sport App on Firestick installation begins
- Now click on Done.
Note: on your app section, you may now check for the BT Sport App. Open the app, enter login details to watch your favorite shows.
How to Log in to BT TV On Firestick
- On your Firestick device, open the BT TV app
- Close the welcome prompt by clicking OK
- Enter your BT ID and password to log into the app
- Now, you can see the BT TV app’s main screen.
Install BT Sport Apk on FireStick via Downloader App
To follow this method, you first have to install the downloader app on your Firestick device. Once you finish the installation, you can use the following steps:
- Head to the Settings on your Fire TV
- Now, move to Device/My Fire TV option
- Click where you find Developer Options
- Under the Developer Options, select Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it On
- Click the Turn On button when you see a warning message. It will enable the apps from the third party
- Launch the downloader app
- Enter the BT Sport app URL https://bit.ly/30gAZth and click on GO.
- Wait for the download
- After the downloading process, you will see the installation screen
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, click the Install button
- Wait for the FireStick to install the BT Sport app
- Once the app gets installed, you will be notified on the screen
- Click the Open button to launch the BT Sport app
- Now, stream your favorite sports. That’s it.
Features of BT Sport App
- Offers all sports matches under one place
- Offers Sports news and broadband connections
- HD quality content
- Special sport channels packages
- BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport 3, BT Sport ESPN, live events on BT Sport Ultimate and BT Sport Extra are available
- Match highlights are also available.
Conclusion – BT Sport Firestick
That covers our how to install BT Sport on Firestick guide. BT Sport on Firestick is a great way to watch the latest sports action right from the comfort of your favorite device. Kodi has several add-ons that range from providing the latest movies, music, TV shows, Live TV, anime, and more. As you continue to watch BT on Firestick using Kodi, you can try exploring other add-ons.
Kodi works on most devices and setting it up is not difficult. Just follow the steps we’ve explained above and you can easily install BT Sport on Firestick. You can also use other methods outlined above to install BT SPort on Firestick.