FastestVPN Mac Update | Version 2.0.1 Fixes and Improvements
By Nancy William 3 minutes
We are releasing a major update to the FastestVPN app for macOS. The updated version 2.0.1 will introduce an overhauled user interface that is more polished and intuitive. The update also addresses several issues, some of which have been addressed by the new UI.
At FastestVPN, we strive to improve our software, matching our users’ needs and adding new updates to the macOS app, making it secure, fast, and more intuitive, allowing you access to the best streaming and gaming apps. Plus, we look to fix all issues that the app once had.
The new macOS FastestVPN app brings on changes in design, the addition of Double VPN servers for double the encryption, IPv6 leak-protection, a functional Kill Switch, and more.
There’s even a new tab giving you separate servers for unlocking popular geo-restricted streaming services. Some include Netflix, Hulu, Hotstar, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Disney+, Crackle, and others. Even if you need a particular protocol for streaming, you can use the new auto protocol selection, giving you the best option.
- IPv6 gets blocked from Network Settings.
- System notification prompts the user to “Allow” the FastestVPN configurations on each connection request even if the user clicks on “Always Allow”.
- The app would not display what the notification is but display “(null), You got a notification.”
- Connecting to IKEv2 prompted the user to enter a password on each connection request, and the cancel button in the dialogue box did not work.
- On macOS version 10.12 and above, the VPN connects switch in the app would not show the status as “Connected” when the VPN is visibly connected in the Network panel.
- When the user clicks on “Upgrade,” the app tells the user to switch to a paid subscription even though the user is running a paid subscription.
- Fixed the issue where FastestVPN does not get added in the macOS “Applications” folder automatically.
- The app does not automatically switch to IPv4 if the user is using IPv6.
- The FastestVPN app would prevent system shutdown until it has been exited, even when the user clicks on “Try Again” from the dialogue box.
- Fixed the error where the FastestVPN app would repeatedly report “No or Slow Internet” while the network was working fine.
- Connecting to a new server does not reset the bandwidth usage meter.
- The app would not let the user select locations by clicking on the location box at the Home Screen.
- Fixed the “Trying to get property of non-object” error.
- New User Interface of Mac App
- Kill Switch is now enabled by default.
- A separate server tab for streaming services.
- Server names are now listed alphabetically.
- IPv6 leak protection for solid security
- Servers can be looked up using the new search function.
- Double VPN servers
- Faster and stable connection speeds on all servers.
- Favorite servers move to a separate tab.
- VPN protocols are now under Settings and work universally on all servers.
- A wider selection of options in the Settings tab (Change password, instant chat support etc.)
- Added an exit button in the app window.
We will be introducing new updates in the weeks to come. If you have feedback or want to report any issue with FastestVPN, please contact us at fastestvpn.com/support.