- The Best Popular Popcorn Time Alternatives Available Today
The Best Popular Popcorn Time Alternatives Available Today
By Nancy William No Comments 4 minutes
Most movie enthusiasts opt for Popcorn Time to watch their favorite content. However, the streaming site has many drawbacks, such as;
- You need an Android emulator to install Popcorn Time on Windows 10 or other devices.
- Domain suspension can cause the site not to work.
- The latest Popcorn Time version 0.4 doesn’t show a movie poster or subtitles.
- Streams movies from torrent sites like Kickass, YTS/YIFY, and ExtraTorrent, which have been shut down in many countries.
- Popcorn Time is unavailable in some countries because of a lawsuit by the movie studios. However, the Github repo is still online and updated frequently but may go offline if the companies win the case.
- Your ISP can cut your connection or throttle your bandwidth if they track your torrent IP.
Thankfully, there are many other alternatives that you can use instead of Popcorn Time for safer movie streaming.
Top 7 Popcorn Time Alternatives
Some of the best options include:
Netflix is perhaps the best alternative to Popcorn Time. The Android app is free in some countries, allowing you to access a wide range of content, including movies, TV shows, documentaries, etc.
Nonetheless, the Netflix site is available in more than 190 countries worldwide with over 100 million subscribers. Furthermore, it let you stream your favorite content in HD and ultra-HD.
- Massive library
- Available worldwide
- Free Android app
- Uses geo-blocks
2. Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video is an incredible streaming service developed by Amazon and a great alternative to Popcorn Time. It has apps for almost all platforms like Windows, iOS, Android, and macOS.
Like Netflix, it has a massive repository for movies, TV shows, documentaries, and much more. Moreover, it has exclusives like The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour, Tumble Leaf, etc., as well as Bollywood and Hollywood content.
- Popular original content
- Multiple premium and sports content add-ons
- HDR and 4K streaming
- High subscription cost
3. Winx HD Video Converter Deluxe
Unlike the two streaming sites above, this is an online video downloader and converter. You can download movies or TV shows from the internet, as long as the site supports the Windows 10 app.
Winx HD Video Converter Deluxe supports HD and Ultra HD, so you can download 1080p and 4K movies. This includes various formats like MP4, MKV, H.265, MOV, AVCHD, M2TS, AVI, FLV, WMV, VOB, WebM, RMVB, etc. Besides downloading videos, it also converts videos to play on all types of players and devices.
- Plenty of features
- Free tech support
- Supports 1080p/4K/8K
- Limited demo version
5KPlayer is a great option to replace Popcorn Time. It will allow you to download and stream movies and videos from over 1000 hosting websites like Vimeo, Metacafe, Dailymotion, Crackle, etc. Thankfully, it plays almost all videos in 1080p/4K/5K/8K and DVDs.
- Lightweight and require fewer resources
- Download videos from multiple sources
- 5K video playback
- Outdated user interface
5. Movie Box
Movie Box is a popular free movie and TV shows streaming application. It hosts a wide range of content that you can stream HD quality. Besides streaming, you can also download videos to watch offline.
However, it is designed for smartphone devices and is only available for Android OS. Installing the app on an iOS device is difficult because you will need Cydia Impactor. Also, if you are using Windows or macOS devices, you must first install emulators like emulators to access the Movie Box app.
- Free content
- High-speed downloads
- Easy to use
- Collects user data
ShowBox is an excellent streaming application that you can use instead of Popcorn Time. It enables you to stream TV shows and movies or download them to watch later. The best part is that it is free and won’t spoil your experience with intrusive ads. However, keep in mind that you will stream most of ShowBox’s through torrents like Popcorn Time.
- Free movies and TV shows
- User-friendly interface
- Cloud-based video creation portal
- Not available on Google Play Store
Stremio is a suitable Popcorn Time replacement as it allows you to stream free movies and TV shows. In addition, you can watch sports, web channels, and listen to podcasts.
However, this is a media center and does not host any content. Instead, it enables you to watch your favorite content from different sources. Also, Stremio streams content through magnet links and torrent files, so you won’t need to download the content on your device.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Works smoothly on different devices
- Excellent streaming experience
- Gets errors frequently
There are many alternatives you can use instead of Popcorn Time. They will enable you to watch your favorite movies and TV shows, and some even let you download the content and watch it later.