Guide to Unblock Spotify With a VPN
By Nick Anderson 9 minutes
Spotify is one of the most popular streaming services if not the most popular at the moment with over 150 million users. But not every user is fortunate enough to enjoy this exceptional streaming service due to the fact that it is not available in all countries. This means the user must first unblock Spotify in order to enjoy their favorite music.
So, if you want to enjoy all the latest music on Spotify or even download them, then this guide will help you get Spotify unblocked and thus allow you to enjoy music on any device you want to.
How To Unblock Spotify
Spotify is available in 178 countries with different libraries for each region. You can check out the list of supported Spotify regions here.
However, there are some places where Spotify is not available due to no licensing agreement in those regions. Therefore, it’s geo-restricted in specific countries and users who live elsewhere can’t access it in those regions.
But, worry not because there is a way to unblock Spotify or access its geo-restricted library and that is by using a Spotify VPN.
Here is how to unblock Spotify:
- Install FastestVPN app on your preferred device.
- Launch FastestVPN app and connect to US or UK server location.
- Download Spotify app
- Sign up with Spotify or use your Facebook details to sign in.
- That’s it! Stream your favorite music videos and songs from anywhere you are, whenever you want.
How to access Spotify on Kodi
You can listen to all your favorite songs and stream music videos by installing the Spotify Kodi add-on. But before you do that, make sure you have a Kodi VPN installed in order to unblock Spotify.
Here’s how to install the Kodi Spotify add-on on your media center:
- Download the .zip file from Github.
- Launch Kodi.
- Go to Settings > System > Add-ons.
- Turn on the Unknown sources switch.
- Go to Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip file.
- Select the .zip file you just downloaded by navigating to the directory.
- Install it.
- Return to Add-ons, now select Install from repository.
- Select Marcelveldt repository.
- Go to Music Add-ons > Spotify. And install it.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Return to the Add-ons section on Kodi’s home screen and launch Spotify.
How to Unblock Spotify on Roku
Roku users can also access Spotify Roku by downloading the Spotify app from Roku Channel Store. In order to listen to access the complete library or unblock it, you’ll need a VPN for Spotify.
Here’s how you can unblock Spotify Roku by using FastestVPN:
- Configure FastestVPN on the router.
- Connect your Roku device to the Router with a VPN.
- Go to Roku channel Store and install Spotify.
- Launch Spotify and sign in.
You can now access Spotify and stream non-stop music on Roku.
How to access Spotify on iOS
There is a dedicated Spotify app for iPhone and iPad so iOS users need not worry about that. So, head over to the App Store and download Spotify and start listening to your favorite music.
But if you live in a region where Spotify is blocked, connect to FastestVPN to unblock Spotify on iOS.
How to Unblock Spotify on Android
Spotify also has a dedicated Android app for all android users. You can download the app on any android device from Play Store and listen to music for free.
Spotify allows you to browse your favorite music by genre, artist, album, and create personal playlists.
If you’re trying to access Spotify on Android from a region where it is blocked, follow these steps to unblock Spotify on Android:
- Download and install FastestVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to USA server.
- Download Spotify from Play Store. If it’s not available, then change the store’s region to USA.
- Launch Spotify, sign in, and start listening.
How to Unblock Spotify on Mac
To access Spotify on Mac, you can download the app from Spotify’s website. But if you’re trying to access it in a location where it is not available for streaming, then you will need a VPN because Spotify is only available in specific locations.
Here’s how to get Spotify on Mac:
- Download & install FastestVPN app for Mac.
- Launch the app and connect to USA server location.
- Go to Spotify’s website and sign up.
- Once you sign up, the Spotify app will download automatically on Mac.
- If the app doesn’t download automatically, go to the Spotify website and click on Download Now.
- After successfully downloading Spotify on Mac, launch the app and sign in.
That’s it, access the large Spotify music library and stream your favorite songs on the go!
How to Unblock Spotify on Apple TV
The following tutorial works on Apple TV 4th generation and higher.
- Download FastestVPN from the App Store.
- Download Spotify from the Apple Store.
- Launch FastestVPN and connect to USA server.
- Start Spotify, then sign in to access music streaming.
For older Apple TV generations, stream Spotify on Apple TV from an iOS device using AirPlay.
How to Unblock Spotify on Xbox
Xbox users can breathe a sigh of relief as they now can also access Spotify on their gaming consoles. The Spotify app is available to download on Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. Fastest VPN for Xbox will ensure that you can bypass Spotify’s geo-restriction.
- Configure FastestVPN on Router and connect to a US server.
- Connect your Xbox to the router.
- Download Spotify from Xbox Store.
- Launch the app and sign in to your Spotify account.
Enjoy streaming music on Xbox.
How to access Spotify on PlayStation
PS4 users can also listen to music with Spotify on their PlayStation within minutes. With the help of a VPN, you can access unlimited music content on Spotify from anywhere.
Here is how you can use a VPN to unblock Spotify on PS4 and PS5:
- Configure FastestVPN on router.
- Connect your PlayStation to the router.
- Install the Spotify app from PlayStation Store and then log into your Spotify account. (If you don’t have an account, create one
Start streaming unlimited music on your PS4/PS5.
How to access Spotify on Chromecast
Spotify can be accessed on Chromecast. But to bring the best out of Spotify and access all region-locked music content, it is recommended to use VPN.
Here’s how you can unblock Spotify on Chromecast:
- Download the Downloader app from Chromecast’s store.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Security & Restrictions > Unknown Sources. Enable Downloader under Install unknown apps.
- Open Downloader, use the web browser, and open this link to download FastestVPN’s Android .apk.
- Install FastestVPN.
- Launch FastestVPN and connect to the USA server.
- Download Spotify from Chromecast’s store.
- Launch Spotify and sign in to start streaming music.
How to access Spotify for windows
You can stream with Spotify on Windows either through the web or by installing the Spotify app for windows. But remember, if you’re in a region/place where Spotify is blocked, you won’t be able to fully enjoy streaming on Spotify.
However, with a VPN installed on Windows, you can access the whole music world on Spotify. Here is how:
- Download & install FastestVPN app for Windows.
- Launch VPN app and connect to USA server location.
- Go to Spotify website’s and register.
- Download Spotify for Windows from the website or from Windows Store.
- Launch Spotify and enjoy streaming free music on Windows.
Spotify USA vs. Spotify UK
Spotify USA is somewhat different from Spotify UK in terms of both content and features. There are a few features or options you can say, we found missing from both sections of Spotify. Let’s take a look at them.
Missing From Spotify US
- Download Service: In Spotify US, users can only stream music but not download or purchase it.
- Spotify Open: Spotify USA also misses out on the Spotify Open feature that allows you to sign up from the Spotify website.
- Spotify Radio: Spotify Radio is only available in Europe for free.
Missing From Spotify UK
Spotify users in the UK aren’t really missing out on much. Spotify US has fewer features but it is relatively cheaper to buy a premium Spotify account in the US than in the UK. That’s the only thing Spotify UK seems to come short on!
Is a Spotify Album Not Available in Your Region?
Many users may have come across this issue. To deal with it, you need to trace where the linked track is located and then swap it in your playlist with that track.
This can be done easily on a PC. Simply track down the desired music file, click the chain icon to go to the location where the track is being fetched from. Swap the file into your playlist and that’s it!
How to Change Spotify Country
You can change Spotify country in two different ways:
- Visit your Spotify Account page on Browser.
- Click on Edit Profile.
- Go to the Country section and select your new country from the list.
- Click on Save Profile.
(Note: you must update your Spotify account every time you move to another country)
- Go to your Spotify account page on Browser.
- Select Subscription from the menu on the left.
- Click on Update Details.
- Now hit on ‘…’ button for more options.
- Click Change Country and select your desired country.
- Select a payment method and done!
- Confirm the changes by clicking on Change Payment Details.
Spotify detects your IP and thus provides you the music library according to your region. So if you want to stream your original music library when in another country, or you simply want to listen to music a VPN for Spotify will get the job done.
Until Spotify expands to your region, FastestVPN will help you unblock Spotify from anywhere in the world.