How to Watch Oscars on Firestick
By Johan Curtis 4 minutes
Stream Unrestricted with FastestVPN
Nine Network is geo-restricted to Australia. You cannot access it if you reside outside the country. A VPN is essential for the process to work, get FastestVPN and unblock geo-restricted content at will.
The time for Oscars is here. The event marks a celebration of all the good movies released in the prior year and honors them. It’s inarguably the biggest awards ceremony in Hollywood.
The year 2019 saw some amazing releases, movies that were received strongly both critically and commercially. It’s going to be tough picking the best from a list of heavy-hitters, but that’s exactly what makes the Oscars such an exciting venue for everything Hollywood.
Expect the biggest stars in Hollywood to grace with their presence on the Red Carpet. And of course, Oscars will get prime coverage across the United States. But if you’re like many who’ll be watching Oscars on Fire Stick at home, you’re going to setup a few things before you can watch Oscars on Fire Stick live.
You can look forward to Oscars on Fire Stick via ABC channel in the United States. For people in Australia, 9Now will broadcast Oscars live. Here are the complete details you need to know to watch Oscars on Fire Stick.
- Date: Sunday, February 9, 2020
- Time: 5 PM Pacific Time/8 PM Eastern Time
- Location: Dolby Theatre, Los Angeles, California
- Host: Citing last year’s success, Oscar 2020 will again be conducted without a host
Watch Oscars on Firestick
Although Firestick is a device that features a multitude of apps, watching the Oscars live is going to take a bit of an extra step. But don’t worry, the process is not overwhelming and requires only that you take it step by step.
- Sign up for FastestVPN
- Download FastestVPN app for Firestick
- Or you can configure FastestVPN via router connection on Fire Stick as an alternative
- Connect to Australia’s fast servers
- Open web browser on FireStick device
- On your browser open Nine Network and watch Oscars on Firestick
That’s what you need to follow to watch Oscars on Fire Stick. Next, we’ll show you how to configure FastestVPN on Router in case you choose that as a security option.
How to Configure FastestVPN on Router to watch Oscars on FireStick
Here’s how to configure VPN in Router.
Connect a TP-Link router to FastestVPN via L2TP protocol
- Go to “Network” a “WAN”. If you do not find it there, you can find it in “Internet” s “Basic” instead.
- Set “WAN Connection Type” as “L2TP/Russia L2TP”.
- Enter “Username” and “Password” as given by FastestVPN.
- Activate “Dynamic IP”.
- In “Service IP Address/Name” field enter the address of the server you want to connect to. Please click here to get the complete list of server addresses.
- Set “WAN Connection Mode” as “Connect on demand”.
- Click on “Save” button to save your settings and hit “Connect”.
- The status of the connection should now be “Connected!”
Connect a D-Link router to FastestVPN via L2TP protocol
We have a simple guide on how to configure FastestVPN in D-Link routers.
- Go to “Internet” a “Setup”
- Select “My Internet Connection is” as “L2TP”.
- Into the “L2TP Server, IP Address” field enter the server address of the server that you want to connect to.
- Enter your FastestVPN “Username” and “Password”.
- Set “Reconnect Mode” to “On Demand”
- Select your “Address Mode” to “Dynamic IP”.
- Enter our DNS servers as “188.8.131.52” and “184.108.40.206”.
- Click Save settings and then connect to VPN.
Some D-Link Routers might require you to navigate to the Status page and click on Connect button.
Since 2001, Oscars have been hosted at a single venue. The Dolby Theatre has become synonymous as the place that hosts one of the biggest nights in Hollywood. Many stars have walked down the Red Carpet, it’s almost nostalgic for many people.
As it stands, there was no host for Oscars 2019. Kevin Hart was going to be the host but criticism over his old tweets led him to back out of that responsibility. He recently confirmed that he will not host the Oscars 2019. This is turn proved to be very successful. And just as Oscar 2019, Oscar Awards 2020 will be held without a host as well.
Conclusion – Oscars on Fire Stick
This year it’s a battle between movies like Ford vs Ferrari, Little Women, Joker and a few more hits like these for the Best Picture award. The excitement doesn’t stop, there will be around 24 award categories presented at the show.
With our guide here, you can easily watch Oscars on FireStick.