10 Best Kodi Addons for Movies
By Johan Curtis 13 minutes
Kodi is the best options for cord-cutters who want to watch on-demand, latest and popular movies without having to download them or buy the expensive cable subscription. In addition, a large selection of Kodi Add-ons enables you to watch movies of all genres, language, and format without any problems. So, with all Movieholics in mind, we have made this special guide on how you can install the 10 best Kodi addons for movies on your Kodi devices without facing any issues.
Kodi is compatible with most devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Firestick, and others. This means you can now watch your favorite movies on any device you want without any trouble. Keep in mind you must install the best Kodi addons for movies to ensure you find your favorite movies to watch.
When we talk about watching movies on Kodi, most of the time we discuss unofficial, third-party add-ons. This is because most official add-ons do not keep their movie lists updated and that you may not find your favorite movies in them, which is why we are going to list 10 third-party add-ons, but only the best ones. One thing that you need before you install best Kodi addons for movies is a VPN, and the reason for that is given below.
Before you, Stream Movies on Kodi, Equip Your Devices with a VPN
Basically, 3rd party add-ons provide you streaming content from P2P websites that may not be legal. Due to this, accessing these add-ons means would mean that you’re breaking copyright rules, and ultimately get in trouble.
It I really important for you to protect your online identity when accessing such content online. The only way to protect yourself online is by using a reliable, streaming VPN. A VPN will not only protect you switch your IP address to make you anonymous online, but it will also protect your online data by encrypting it. Thus, VPN is a must if you are to access the 10 best Kodi addons for movies.
Here is a step by step guide to setup a VPN on your Kodi-compatible devices:
- Get FastestVPN Subscription
- Get FastestVPN apps for iOS, Android, Mac & Windows OR Configure FastestVPN on Router for other devices
- Start FastestVPN app on your device & Connect to 70+ blazing-fast streaming servers
- Launch Kodi and Install best Kodi Addons for Movies
- Watch Movies all day long with the best Kodi addons for Movies.
10 Best Kodi Addons for Movies
The following addons are unofficial and primarily provide access to unlicensed content. We’ve included these addons as they’re very popular, however, we do not recommend Kodi users install or use them to stream content.
Most of the following add-ons we will provide are available to install from the Kodil repository. The once that are not available in the Kodil Repository will be provided with
The fact that you official movie add-ons are less in number and they don’t really offer much in terms of different movie categories, our list below only consists of third-party add-ons and we recommend you to use a VPN whenever you stream your favorite movies through these add-ons. Here is our list of 10 best Kodi Addons for movies.
Exodus ranks number on our list of top Kodi addons for movies and it doesn’t disappoint. This add-on has been around for ages, and though it has faced several crackdowns, it comes back every time. It offers the most movie categories and many others like TV shows and channels. The add-on is updated every day and offers all the latest movies and series on demand.
Here is how to get Exodus on Kodi:
- Open Kodi, Select Settings & then File Manager.
- Click Add Source and then hit the None button.
- Enter http://kodil.co/repo in the text box.
- Hit Enter.
- Name this Repository “Kodil repo”.
- Hit Enter and then click on OK.
- Head back to Kodi Home.
- Choose Add-Ons and then click on the box-shaped icon.
- Select Install from zip file > kodil repo and then click on zip to install.
- Now Select Install from Repository > ..Kodil Repository
- Find and select Exodus to install.
- Once installed, head back to Kodi Home and then navigate to Add-ons > Video Addons.
- Launch Exodus and Stream the most latest and popular movies from past and present instantly on your Kodi devices.
Covenant comes on 2nd in our list of best Kodi addons for movies due to its wide range of movie categories and quick access to streaming. Covenant is a successor to Exodus add-on and works almost the same way. The Covenant gets updated every day. So rest assured, you can find all the latest movies in this add-on without any issues.
How to Install Covenant on Kodi for Movies.
- Launch Kodi and go to Settings > File Manager > Add Source.
- Click on ‘None’ & in the text box, Paste this URL: http://Kodil.co/repo, Now Click OK
- Name this source ‘KodilRepo’ > And hit OK twice
- Go back to Main Menu and select Addons
- Select the package installer icon from a top left corner
- Select Install from Zip File > Kodil Repo > and then click on kodil.zip
- Now go to Install from Repository > .Kodil Repository > Video Add-ons > & look/search for COVENANT
- Once you find it, click on it and finally hit Install
- Wait for the add-on installed notification.
- Simply go to Add-ons > Video Add-ons from your main screen and launch Covenant.
- Enjoy streaming your latest movies with the best Kodi addons for movies.
Incursion is yet another successor add-on of Exodus. It works same as Exodus and has almost the same categories. If you’re a fan of Exodus then you won’t have any problem using Incursion.
Incursion offers a wide variety of movie categories and sub-categories with 4k, 3D, HD and SD streaming quality for Kodi user. It is certainly one of the best Kodi addons for movies and TV shows.
Here is a quick guide you can follow to install Incursion:
- Start Kodi, Select Settings > File Manager > Add Source.
- Hit None and enter this link: http://kdil.co/repo In the text box.
- Hit enter and then Name the Repository “kodilrepo”
- Click OK twice & return to home screen
- Go to Add-Ons and click the box icon from top left corner
- Now Select Install from zip file > Kodilrepo and click on Kodil.zip
- Wait for kodilrepo enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > .Kodil Repository > Video Add-ons
- Find and select Incursion addon. Hit “Install.” Wait for add-on for installation
- Once done, Return to Home Screen and Select Add-ons
- Launch Incursion and now you can enjoy streaming movies or other media content on the go.
Genesis is another great add-on dedicated to Movies and TV shows. It offers all the past and present movies and the popular ones including the IMDB collection with the best streaming links. Genesis add-on is a must-have for every Kodi user who is looking for best Kodi addons for movies and TV series.
Here is how you can install Genesis add-on:
- Start Kodi, Select Settings option & go to File Manager > Add Source
- Click the None button and paste this URL: http://kdil.co/repo In the text box.
- Press enter and then Name the Repo “kodilrepository”
- Click OK twice and then return to Kodi home screen
- Now Choose Add-ons and click on the Box icon from the top left
- Select Install from zip file > Kodilrepository and then click on Kodil.zip
- Wait for the repo to get installed
- Now Choose Install from Repository > .Kodil Repository
- Choose Video add-ons and then search and select Genesis.
- Hit Install & wait for the add-on to finish the installation
- Return to Kodi Home and Select Add-ons
- Launch Genesis and that’s it!
Now you can watch all the latest and your favorite movies with one of the best Kodi addons for movies and that is Genesis.
Placenta was previously shut down but it’s now back and with a bang. It offers better features, a wide range of movie categories and working streaming links. Definitely a must-have and surely one of the top Kodi addons for movies.
To get Placenta add-on, follow these steps:
- Launch Kodi, Navigate to Settings icon > File Manager
- Click on Add Source and then hit None
- Paste this link: http://kdil.co/repo In the text box and hit Enter.
- Name the Repo “kodilrepo” & Hit OK twice
- Head back to Kodi Home and then Select Add-Ons
- Click the Box icon from a top left corner
- Now Select Install from zip file > Kodilrepo and then Select Kodil.zip
- Once the repo is installed, go to Install from Repository > Video Add-ons
- Locate and Select Placenta. Click Install and wait for the installation to finish.
- Return to Kodi Home & Select Add-ons
- Launch Placenta and Done!
Watch thousands of Movies and TV shows on your favorite Kodi devices with absolute freedom! Make sure you have a VPN running on your device with the best Kodi addons for movies to ensure unlimited access with anonymity when you stream movies and other content.
6. Neptune Rising
On to number six in the list, but certainly my favorite of the lot, Neptune rising has quickly become one the best Kodi addons for movies, if not the best. It provides a ton of movies and TV shows in different categories and it even has a search option so if you are not able to find your favorite movies, you can search them easily. Neptune rising went down a while back due to some issues but it is back now and you should definitely check it out if you are a movie fan.
Follow these simple steps to install Neptune Rising add-on:
- Open Kodi and go to Settings > File Manager and then select Add Source.
- Hit None and enter http://repo.mrblamo.xyz/ in the text box, Hit enter.
- Name the source Blamo and click OK twice.
- Return to Kodi Home and select Add-ons.
- Click on the open box icon from a top left corner.
- Navigate to Install from Zip File > Blamo > and select the blamo-0.1.3.zip to install
- Now go to Install from Repository > Blamo Repo > Video Add-ons
- Find and select Neptune Rising and Hit
- Once done, go back to Home Screen and Select Add-ons.
- Select Neptune Rising to launch
- That’s all!
Stream with Neptune Rising: one of the best Kodi addons for movies and TV Shows and much more.
Poseidon offers a similar design to that of most movie add-ons, notably Neptune Rising. So, if something went down with other add-ons like Neptune Rising or Covenant, you can access Poseidon and enjoy the same streaming content like before. Poseidon offers movies and TV shows of all kinds including popular and latest ones. It’s really easy to use and we recommend it to every Kodi user who likes streaming movies on Kodi.
Here is how to install Poseidon on Kodi:
- Start Kodi
- Navigate to Settings > File Manager, and click Add Source
- Hit <None> and enter “https://kodil.co/repo” and hit enter
- Click Name this source and type “Kodil repo”. Hit enter and then click OK
- Now back to Kodi Home, Select Add-ons and click the open box icon
- Select Install from Zip File > Kodil repo and then select zipto install.
- Now Navigate to Install from Repository > ..Kodil Repository and select Poseidon to install
- Hit Install and wait for the add-on to install.
- Once the installation is done, go to Add-ons from Kodi Home
- Select Poseidon to launch it and Boom! Done.
Everything is done, now choose your favorite movies, add them to your playlist and watch them anytime you want on your favorite Kodi devices with top Kodi addons for movies.
Nemesis is one of those add-ons that offer much more than just movies and TV shows. You will find categories for sports, anime, kids and other related content. This reason alone makes it one of the top Kodi addons for movies and other content.
Here is how to install Nemesis on Kodi:
- Launch Kodi
- Navigate to Settings > File Manager, and Select Add Source
- Click <None> and type “https://kodil.co/repo” and hit Enter
- Click on Enter a name for this source and type “Kodilrepo”.
- Hit Enter and then click OK
- Return to Kodi Home, Select Add-ons and then click on the open box icon
- Go to Install from Zip File > Kodilrepo and then select zipto install.
- Now Select Install from Repository > Kodil repository
- Find and Select Nemesis to install
- Hit Install and wait for the installation to finish.
- Once done, Select Add-ons from Kodi Home
- Launch Nemesis to launch and done!
Browsing through different movie categories including latest or select through different genres and watch movies instantly on your favorite Kodi-compatible devices.
Uranus is surely one of the best Kodi addons for movies after covenant and Neptune Rising with added features, categories, and resolution. You will find a wide selection of movie and TV show categories. Its a perfect entertainment add-on for all Kodi users.
Here is how to Install Uranus on Kodi:
- Start Kodi > Select Settings > and go to File Manager
- Select Add Source and then Click ‘<None>’
- Paste this URL “http://repo.mrblamo.xyz/”, hit enter.
- Name the repo “Blamo Repo”, now hit press Enter and then click OK.
- From Kodi Home, Select Add-ons & then hit the Box-shaped icon
- Choose Install from Zip File, Select Blamo Repo and then click on “repository.griffin-0.0.7.zip” to
- Now Choose install from Repository
- Select Griffin Repo > Video Add-ons, Select Uranus and finally Hit Install
- Once installed, Go to Kodi Home and Select Add-ons > Video Add-ons
- Launch Uranus by clicking on it
There you have it! Enjoy streaming your favorite movies, series, documentaries and much more with Uranus add-on on Kodi!
Last on the list is Chappa’ai, and even though fairly new in the market, it is one of the best Kodi addons for movies and certainly my favorite. It includes Movies, TV shows, Music and even TV channels. You can also create playlists of your favorite movies you want to watch. The streaming on this add-on works flawlessly and the quality is mostly high-quality.
How to install Chappa’ai on Kodi:
- Start Kodi, Select Settings icon & go to File Manager.
- Select Add Source and then hit the None button.
- Enter http://repo.mrblamo.xyz/ in the text box.
- Press Enter.
- Name this Repository “Blamo repo”.
- Press Enter and then Hit OK.
- Go back to Kodi Home.
- Select Add-Ons and then Hit the box-shaped icon.
- Go to Install from zip file > Blamo repo and then Select blamo-0.1.3.zip to install.
- Now go to Install from Repository > Blamo Repo and Select Chappa’ai to install.
- Once installed, Go back to Kodi Home and Select Add-ons > Video Add-ons.
- Launch Chappa’ai and enjoy latest and popular movies on Kodi with ease and comfort.