How to Install IceFilms on Kodi
By Christine Margret 6 minutes
IceFilms was down for a while and left people looking for alternatives. However, IceFilms add-on is live again to gratify everyone’s entertainment needs. This blog covers how to install IceFilms on Kodi Krypton, Jarvis, and Firestick.
Why is IceFilms Kodi addon so popular? Many wonder the same and the answer is quite simple, really. IceFilms has been around for many years. It has set a bar and standards as one of the best movie Kodi addon. Whichever version of Kodi it is that you use, find the suitable guide for it below. Just make sure you use a Kodi VPN in the process to make everything secure and away from prying eyes.
Stream Unrestricted with FastestVPN
Note: Have you ever come across Crackdowns? They are not rumors and are actually blocking millions of population from watching free content. Connect to FastestVPN to unblock geo-restricted Kodi addons and enjoy free content from the world over. Cover your tracks and protect yourselves from DMCA notices and copyright issues with the solution provided by FastestVPN.
What is IceFilms Add-on?
IceFilms is a video Kodi add-on that allows you to stream TV shows and movies. It also lets you explore amazing music and comedy shows.
It has been one of the longest-running Kodi add-ons but stopped and has recently been released, with v2.0 being the latest version.
The updated version of IceFilms is much more efficient and fetches content links from various sources.
Previously, it had manual resolvers, but today it uses universal URLResolver and therefore, it’s even easier to use today.
A couple of updates have been added since the add-on was re-built. You must have the latest version of the add-on and Kodi Krypton to keep things working correctly.
The changes made by the developer in IceFilms include:
- The meta pack download was fixed – now, the add-on enters as much of the metadata as possible. It keeps working speed up and limit size as it tries to access TMDB.
- Users are allowed to use proxy in countries where IceFilms is blocked.
How to Install IceFilm on Kodi
One by one we could cover both the versions of Kodi, Krypton, and Jarvis to install IceFilms. If you face any difficulty or need assistance in finding alternatives refer to the Kodi Addons blog. But first things first, before you begin to install the addon, here are the important steps that need to be taken care of:
- Subscribe to FastestVPN
- Download and Install FastestVPN on the device you wish to access Kodi from
- Or configure FastestVPN with router and connect Kodi device with VPN-enabled router
- Whether you get the app or configure with the router, select the US/UK or any other server required to unblock the addon
- Then launch Kodi
- Install IceFilms on Kodi
- Open the addon and enjoy movies and TV shows with anonymity!
Install IceFilms on Kodi Krypton Version 17.6 or Lower
- Launch Kodi
- Go to Settings
- Click on File Manager
- Double Click on Add Source
- A box will pop up, click on “None” there
- Type the URL for Repository http://kdil.co/repo/
- Click OK
- At the bottom, type the media source name as “Kodil Repo”
- Again, click OK
- Go back to Kodi Home
- Select Addons (left side of the panel)
- Click the box icon at the top left corner
- Select Install from Zip File
- Scroll and click on Kodil Repo
- Select repo Kodil.zip
- It will start the installation
- Once done, go back and click on Install from Repository
- Click on Kodil Repository
- Select Video Addons
- Click on IceFilms
- Hit Install
- Once the installation is complete you can access the addon by going back to Kodi Home
- Click on Video addons
- You will find IceFilms there
Click on it, select a movie of your choice and enjoy!
How to Install IceFilm on Kodi Jarvis 16 and higher
- Open Kodi Jarvis
- Then click on System
- Now select File Manager
- Scroll down to double click on Add Source
- Click on ‘None’ when the dialogue box open
- Then type this URL http://kdil.co/repo/
- Click Done
- Now type this name ‘Kodil Repo’ and click on Done if the option appears
- Then click OK
- Now go to Kodi Home
- Click on System
- Then Add-ons
- Install from Zip File option
- This brings you to another box where you need to click on Kodil Repo
- From there click on Kodil.zip
- Now click on Install from Repository
- This would lead you to a number of repositories
- Scroll to find and click on Kodil Repository
- Go to Video Add-ons
- Select IceFilms
- Hit Install
- Get unlimited access to enjoy movies via IceFilms on Kodi!
How to Install IceFilm on Firestick
Firestick is undoubtedly one of the best entertainment avenues out there. Pair it with Kodi and it becomes a powerful combination. Here is how you can stream movies conveniently with IceFilms on Firestick:
- Get FastestVPN
- Download and Install FastestVPN app for Firestick
- Connect to the US server
- Install Kodi on Firestick
- Following the steps above, install IceFilms on Kodi
- Enjoy unlimited movies from the comfort of your home via IceFilms on Firestick device!
Is IceFilms Legal?
Streaming content using a Kodi add-on is not illegal. Yet, IceFilms was down recently. There are many IceFilms proxies that you can use; however, these proxies are not safe and might reveal your identity.
The best way is to use a VPN with IceFilms. A VPN like FastestVPN will keep your identity anonymous and hide your browsing activities from your ISP and other intruders.
IceFilms Not Working- Problems and Solutions
While using IceFilms, you may face some errors. Below we are providing you with the errors and their possible fixes.
Blocked/ Blank Screen
If you ever see a blank screen while starting the add-on, it means that your ISP has blocked the add-on from accessing the website.
How to Fix IceFilms Blank Screen Errors
If a blank screen appears while using the add-on, you should install the IceFilms Kodi add-on from another repo that is working. You can also use a VPN to easily unblock IceFilms.
In case you experience that IceFilms fails during installation, it means that the repo which you’re using lacks some essential files.
How to Fix IceFilms Installation Error?
You may wait for some time, otherwise use Kodil Repository because it works perfectly well.
Check Log Error
If you receive an error message about checking the Kodi error log, it means that your cache is full, and can come across while streaming.
How to Fix IceFilms Check Log Error
To resolve the IceFilms check log error, you can select another stream and clear your cache. This will fix the problem.
IceFilms had previously not been working what with the Fusion Repo taken down by the law enforcement. This is when errors started to occur but luckily they have all been solved now. The addon has moved from Fusion Repository to the Kodil Repository and is working exceedingly well. Install IceFilms on Kodi. While some may say it’s not the same as before, it is still solid to provide long hours of entertainment and lets you watch all the latest movies at ease.