- How to Install Ares Wizard on Kodi 17.6 Krypton
How to Install Ares Wizard on Kodi 17.6 Krypton
By Johan Curtis No Comments 4 minutes
Ares Wizard used to be a popular Kodi repository loved by many. Unfortunately, it was shut down because it was under severe copyright violations. But it’s back now with a new repository link and we’ll help you to get it on Kodi 17.6 Krypton build.
Before we begin, keep in mind that this Ares Wizard does not, and I repeat, does not feature capability for movies and TV shows. It does, however, feature the tools for maintenance and optimization. So keep in mind that you won’t be getting any video, music, game addons. But it’s still a great addition to keep Kodi in the best state.
Why Use Ares Wizard?
The Ares Project used to be very popular Kodi addons. It featured the ability to stream video, music, or even play games. But it was shut-down over legal issues. But Ares Wizard emerged with a new repository link but few things have changed.
It no longer supports video, music, and other addons. It can only be used as a maintenance tool. But even without those now-gone features, Ares Wizard is still worth using as a performance management tool. For example, cache optimization allows for a smoother streaming experience.
Here are some of the features of Ares Wizard still usable:
- Performance optimization
- File Management
- Clear log files
- Internet speed test
- Restore tool
How to install Ares Wizard on Kodi 17.6 Krypton
Kodi is a very versatile software. There are literally hundreds of addons available that let you watch movies, TV shows, listen to music and radio, or even play games via emulation.
Ares Wizard used be one such place where you could get all of that and important features like maintenance. Follow these steps to install Ares Wizard on Kodi 17.6 Krypton.
- Install Kodi on your device
- Launch Kodi
- Click on the Settings “gear” icon on the top-left corner
- Navigate to File Manager and click on it
- On the next screen, select Add Source
- Now click on None so we can manually edit the address
- Once in edit mode, enter this link in the URL field: http://ares-repo.eu/
- Pick a name for the folder, we suggest naming it Ares.
- Now go back to the Home Screen and head into AddOns section
- Click on the little box icon on the top-left corner
- Select Install from zip file
- Browse through and select AresWizard and then a .zip file starting with name “script”
- Click OK and wait for the installation to finish
- Return to the Home Screen once again and head into Program Addons
- Click on Ares Wizard
That’s it! Ares Wizard is now installed on your Kodi 17.6 Krypton.
How to Install Ares Wizard on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
Now that we’ve explained how to install Ares Wizard on 17.6 Krypton, let us see how to install the same on Kodi Jarvis.
- Launch Kodi
- Head into System then File Manager
- Double-click on Add Source and select None to enter edit mode
- Enter this link: co/repo/ares.zip in the field and confirm
- Confirm a name for this folder
- Head back to Home Screen and into System
- Navigate to AddOns, Install from zip file, and pick the folder you just added
- Select aresproject-0.0.8.zip in repository.aresproject and wait until the installation is complete
- From the Home Screen, select System then Program Addons
- Now click on Ares Wizard from the list
How to Install Ares Wizard on Fire Stick
Refer to the Kodi guide above. But first you need to install Kodi on Fire Stick, and for that, enable the option to install from external sources.
- Developer Option > Enable ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
How to Anonymously Access Free Streams
The only way to truly securely yourself and stay anonymous while you use Kodi and its various addons to stream content is through a VPN.
Virtual Private Network (VPN) encrypts internet traffic and spoofs your location. It’s very important that you keep your internet activities private and prevent bandwidth throttling, which is a very real possibility.
FastestVPN uses the advanced AES 256-bit encryption and boasts a global network of more than 150 servers. You can spoof your location as United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Canada, Singapore, and more.
Is Ares Wizard Legal?
Previously, Ares Wizard was illegal. But because it no longer provides copyrighted material, it’s completely legal to use Ares Wizards. It’s just a maintenance tool that you utilize to keep Kodi’s health in check.
Ares Wizard is Not Working
Ares Wizard may not work if you’re not using an inactive repository. As we explained before, Ares Wizard was shut down but it emerged with a new repository link.
Bookmark this new repository link: http://ares-repo.eu.