How to Install Kodi on FireStick
By Christine Margret 9 minutes
FireStick has become one of the best entertainment devices for many users worldwide. But when you combine it with Kodi, you get unlimited access to global content from around the world. Once you install Kodi on FireStick, you can watch all your favorite movies, series and live sports, or listen to your favorite music and radio on the go.
This guide will show you how you can download and install Kodi on FireStick without any hassle. So, let us begin!
How to Install Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick using Downloader App
Downloader is another app that lets you browse and download third-party apps. To install downloader app and then use it to install Kodi on Firestick, here’s what you need to do:
- First you need to install the Downloader app from your app store and enable Apps from Unknown Sources
- Now, open Downloader app
Figure 1 Downloader app
- Click Allow, when prompted
Figure 2 Allow Downloader app
- For developer notes, Click OK
Figure 3 Update notes for downloader
- Now, click on the OK button on Fire TV remote to open the keyboard
- Enter http://www.kodi.tv/download in the type address
- Click Go button and wait for Kodi download on Firestick
- Click Install when you see a Kodi set up page
Figure 4 Kodi setup page
- Click Done after Kodi installation on Firestick
Figure 5 Kodi App Installed
- Click Delete to remove the Kodi installation file. It will free up significant space on your Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube
- Click Delete again for confirmation
- Head to the Fire TV Home screen, open Kodi, and click Continue
Figure 6 Kodi continue button
- Click Allow to load Kodi
- You can now have a Kodi home screen on your Firestick, Fire TV or Fire TV Cube.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is a utility tool for managing and downloading apps and other content on Amazon FireStick. You can use it to install Kodi as well.
So, to download and install Kodi on Firestick with ES File Explorer app, simply follow these steps:
- Turn on your Amazon FireStick and go to Settings > Device > Developer Options
- Turn ON/enable “Apps from unknown sources” and “ADB Debugging”.
- Go to the main menu, click on the Search box and type ES Explorer.
- Select ES Explorer app
- Downloading and install it.
- Launch the ES Explorer app
- click on add favorite from the top left corner
- A new window will appear, enter this URL: http://kodi.tv & click Next
- enter a name for favorite e.g. Kodi12
- You will receive a confirmation, proceed by clicking on Add
- From the left menu panel, look for your recently created Kodi favorite and click on it.
- The Kodi page will display on preview side. Now click on Downloads
- Downloads page will load, scroll down and select ARM version for Android OS.
- Scroll down to the menu at the end of the page and click on Open in the browser
- Now, the Kodi download will start.
- Once the downloading is done, Open the downloaded file and then install Kodi
- Wait for few seconds for the installation to complete
There you have it, you have successfully installed Kodi on your Amazon Firestick. Now you can watch your favorite movies, TV shows, pictures and listen to music on your FireStick. Moreover, you can also install best Kodi addons to stream live sports, movies, shows, news & much more without spending a penny.
How to install Kodi on Firestick with App Starter
Before showing you how to update/install Kodi on Firestick with App starter, let me tell you that this method works equally well for both Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
AppStarter is one of the best tools that help users to update Kodi without going through the entire installation process. Here’s how to update Kodi on Firestick with AppStarter:
- Head to Firestick Settings and Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources
- From Play Store, install Downloader application and open it
- Type the URL bit.ly/appstarter-firetv and click Go
- Select install
- Click open
- Now, click on install where you see check for update
- Wait till the download gets finished
- Select install
- Now click on Done.
The Kodi installation on Firestick with App Starter is now completed.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick with PC
To Install Kodi on Firestick using your home desktop or laptop (Windows, Mac), follow these detailed guides below:
How to Install Kodi on Firestick Using Windows
If you want to install Kodi on Firestick via Windows PC, then simply follow these steps:
- First and foremost, go to Settings > System > Developer OptionsOn your FireStick
- enable ADB Debugging and Apps from unknown sources
- Now head back to Settings and select System > About > Network
- From here, look for your IP Address and note it down on a paper
- Now download Adblink on your Windows PC from http://jocala.com/
- Also download the ARM APK file on Windows from this link https://kodi.tv/
- Launch the Adblink app and click New
- In the Description field, type in a name (e.g. FiretvKodi)
- In the Address field, type in your FireTV IP address
- Click Save and then hit Connect
- Once you see your FireTV in Connected Devices, Click Install APK and select Kodi APK file you downloaded earlier
- Click Open file, then Confirm to Install
- Now on your FireTV, go to Apps and look for Kodi app
- Launch it and enjoy streaming global content with Kodi on your Firestick device!
How to Install Kodi on Firestick Using Mac
If you have a Mac then here’s how you can install Kodi on Firestick using Mac:
- Turn on your Amazon Firestick, and navigate to Settings > System > Developer Options
- Enable the Apps from unknown sources and ADB Debugging options.
- Go back to settings and select System > About > Network
- Look for your FireTV IP address and note it down somewhere
- Download AdbLink on Mac from this link here.
- Also, download the Kodi ARM file (android version) from here https://kodi.tv/download/
- Once done, launch AdbLink on Mac and click the New
- Enter a name (i.e. FireStick) In the Description
- Type the FireStick IP address (you saved earlier) In the Address box.
- Click on Save
- Now Under Current Device, Select FireStick and click on Connect
- After your FireStick is connected, Click on Install APK.
- Browse the Kodi APK file and open it.
- Click Yes to install Kodi on FireTV Stick.
- That’s it!
You have successfully installed Kodi on Fire TV Stick. Now, simply go to Firestick Home Screen > Apps and click on Kodi to launch it.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick without PC
There is another way to install kodi on Firestick without using PC and that is via App2Fire application on your Android Phone. To know how, follow these simple steps:
- On Firestick > go to Settings, select System and scroll down and click on Developer Options
- Turn ON both “ADB Debugging” and “Apps from Unknown Sources” options
- Go back to settings, Select System > About and then click on Network
- You will find your Firestick IP address. write it down on a notepad
- Now on your Android Phone, Install the Kodi app
- Install Apps2Fire app from the Play Store
- Launch Apps2Fire app on Android
- Click on Setup and enter Firestick IP address
- Save it an now click the Upload Apps option
- On here, select Kodi from the list and it will install automatically on Firestick
Finally, you have installed Kodi on your Fire TV Stick, now it’s time for you to install the best Kodi add-ons. Don’t forget to use a Kodi VPN when streaming on third Party Kodi add-ons.
How to Use Kodi on Firestick
After getting Kodi on your Fire TV Stick, it’s time to equip Kodi with the best Kodi add-ons so you can watch all your favorite live sports channels, movies, series, and much more. There is a whole lot of Kodi Add-ons you can install and each add-on offers you specific streaming content. Here are some of the best Kodi add-ons you must install on your FireStick Kodi device.
Best TV add-ons
- USTV Now
- Neptune Rising
Best Live Sports Add-ons
- Cerebro IPTV+
- cCloud TV
- UK Turk
- BBC iPlayer
How to Access Kodi on FireStick
- Press Firestick Home button on Firestick remote
- Select apps
- From the app list, select the Kodi app
- Click Continue, when a message prompts
- Select Allow
And now you can access your Kodi interface on Firestick.
How to Update Kodi on Firestick
Updating Kodi on your Amazon Fire devices is important to ensure the app runs smoothly and you are able to stream your favorite content. Fortunately, updating Kodi is not a difficult task. All you need to do is to follow these simple steps:
- Go to FireStick Settings, select System and scroll down to Developer Options
- Enable the “Apps from unknown sources” option.
- Return to FireStick home screen and click on the Search bar.
- Type “Downloader” and select the Downloader app icon to Install it on your Fire TV Stick
- Launch Downloader app and type in this URL in the text bar
- In the box, add URL http://kodi.tv/download and hit GO.
- Once the page load, scroll down and click on the android icon.
- After you have clicked, a new window will appear with different Kodi update versions
- Select the latest version you want to install & the downloading will begin
- When the downloading finishes, click Install
- Once the installation is successful, click on Done
- And that’s pretty much it. Go back to Firestick home screen and launch Kodi
You can now install all your favorite Kodi add-ons and stream everything you ever wanted on your FireStick. Just make sure you have a Kodi VPN in place before you stream content on third-party add-ons.
How to Troubleshoot Kodi on Firestick?
If you are having any issues simply reset Kodi app and it will clean up the app’s data within the settings on your device.
How to Remove Kodi from Firestick?
To remove Kodi from Firestick, go to the apps and hover over the Kodi app and select delete. Click on the horizontal lines on your remote and select uninstall.
Is it legal to use Kodi on Firestick?
Kodi is absolutely legal on Firestick or on other devices. Yet, its highly recommended to use a VPN to use Kodi on Firestick anonymously. In short, Kodi is legal, but it may have content that could be illegal therefore, use a VPN for your digital security and anonymity.
Conclusion – Install Kodi on Firestick
Firestick is the king of streaming platforms today and once you pair it with Kodi, there is nothing better. Enjoy streaming the content of your choice for free. Just install Kodi on Firestick and all your entertainment needs are taken care of. However, one key component is that you make sure you have a FastestVPN connection to unblock geo-restrictions and steer clear of all obstacles in the face of speed throttling and copyright agent’s surveillance.