How to Permanently Delete Your Textnow Account: Free up Space
By Janne Smith 5 minutes
TextNow has 20 million daily users, but it might make your phone feel overcrowded with many messaging and communication apps. It’s your sign to declutter and add extra space to your phone. For example, you can delete TextNow account.
While TextNow serves its purpose efficiently, various TextNow alternatives allow you to reclaim valuable space on your device. Are you looking forward to deleting your TextNow account? This article will cover specific information, such as ways to deactivate TextNow account on different devices, ensure network protection with FastestVPN, and other information. Let’s dive in!
What Is a TextNow Account?
It’s a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service that enables users to send texts and call any number in Canada and the USA. Every month, TextNow delivers 5.8 billion texts. Additionally, it allows users to purchase credits for international long-distance calls.
TextNow provides users with a genuine phone number that can be utilized on smartphones, tablets, or desktop computers with an active internet connection. The application is compatible with multiple devices using the same login simultaneously.
As per Semrush, TextNow’s website had 18.5 million visits in July, with an average session time of 08:42. Overall, its traffic has climbed by 8.7% since June. Despite the software having millions of users, various reasons contribute to its cons, leading to people look for how to deactivate TextNow account, such as:
- Poor Customer Service: Poor customer service might lead to app abandonment.
- Excessive adverts: Since TextNow is free, it includes a lot of adverts; a premium membership eliminates the ads and offers more features.
- Email Spam: Some users may consider TextNow emails to be spam.
- Number Expiration: Phone numbers may expire after 30 days of inactivity; frequent activity or a premium membership are required. Some users also find the service untrustworthy due to privacy issues.
Can a TextNow Account Be Deleted?
Yes, you can deactivate TextNow account, but remember, there’s no legitimate way to permanently delete your TextNow account. Instead, you can try the alternative method.
If you log out of your free TextNow account, it will automatically be deactivated after 3 days of inactivity.
How to Delete TextNow Account?
Before you deactivate TextNow account, ensure you’ve saved any important data since once you request deletion, you’ll immediately lose access to your account. Voicemails, text messages, and your phone number are all included.
Following that, if you’re looking forward to deleting your TextNow account on iPhone and Android, you’ve come to the right place!
How to Delete TextNow Account on iPhone
To cancel your TextNow subscription, follow these steps within the TextNow app:
- Launch the TextNow application.
- Log in using your Apple ID if you’re not already logged in.
- Access the main menu and select “My Account.”
- Scroll down and find the “Cancel My Subscription” option at the bottom.
- Select “Cancel My Subscription.”
How to Delete Textnow Account on Android
Here’s how you can delete your TextNow account on Android:
- Navigate and go to the Google Play Store App.
- Select Account>Subscriptions.
- Find and choose TextNow.
- Cancel your TextNow subscription by tapping on “Cancel Subscription“.
What Happens When You Delete the TextNow App?
Deleting your TextNow account results in the following:
- Account deactivation
- Erased voicemails
- Deletion of text messages
- Erased phone numbers
Access to your account is immediately lost upon submitting a deletion request.
For free accounts, you can uninstall the app, log out, or cancel your subscription in the App Store or Google Play Store before uninstalling. Deleted accounts remain inactive and won’t receive calls or texts, with the phone number potentially assigned to new users.
How Long Does It Take for Textnow to Delete Your Account?
After 30 days of inactivity, a TextNow number is deactivated. However, after a few days of inactivity, your account will be terminated, and your given cellphone number will be reused, i.e., given to another user. You can reactivate your TextNow account by reinstalling the app and signing in again.
You may log out and uninstall the app if you have a free account. Following that, cancel TextNow’s membership before deleting the app from your device.
If a TextNow SIM card is unavailable, your number will likely be canceled in two months or less.
Why You Should Use FastestVPN to Protect Your Login Credentials?
In 2021, the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center received a record-high number of complaints, reaching 847,376, resulting in total losses exceeding $6.9 billion.
There are various practical techniques to consider if you want to improve your network security and protect your data from hostile attacks and unwanted tracking. While canceling your TextNow account may help you better manage your digital presence, there must be a complete answer for your network protection.
FastestVPN, which provides superior security protocols and tools for easy network administration, is a more comprehensive security option. VPN’s extensive server network of over 600 allows you to view content that may be blocked due to regional or regulatory restrictions. This means you’ll have unfettered access, network encryption, and more accessible port forwarding solutions, among other benefits.
Benefits of FastestVPN include:
- Access to a diverse set of remote servers spread over 60+ locations.
- Overcoming geographical and government-imposed limitations and prohibitions.
- Having access to special discounts and content.
- AES 256-bit encryption improves network security.
FAQs - Delete TextNow Account
Why is TextNow banning accounts?
TextNow is banning accounts for the following reasons:
- Your account was being used for spam or fraudulent activities.
- Your TextNow activity was against the software's Terms of Service.
- The software is facing technical issues.
Is TextNow app traceable?
User's personal information and IP addresses can be traced by TextNow. When you create your account, the messaging app collects basic information, such as your name, phone number, etc.
How do you deactivate TextNow?
Here's how to deactivate your TextNow account:
- Open the TextNow application and sign in.
- Choose "My Account" from the main menu.
- Scroll down until you locate the option that says "Cancel My Subscription."
- Click on "Cancel My Subscription."
To delete your TextNow account is a straightforward procedure that may help you manage your internet presence. However, additional security measures must be implemented to protect your network from cyber attackers aiming to intercept your conversations, like using FastestVPN – the best mobile VPN.
You can leverage a trusted VPN’s cutting-edge features, such as Internet Kill Switch, high-speed servers, and much more.