Turn Off Google Voice on your Android Smartphone
By Nancy William 4 minutes
If you’re looking for a way on how to turn off Google voice on your smartphone, then you’re in the right place!
The Google Assistant voice software is one of Google’s Artificial Intelligence features that is by far one of the best perks it offers. You’ll find it available for smartphones and smart TVs – especially best for users with amalgamated devices.
There’s a lot you can do with this Google Assistant. If there’s a list that you need to make and can’t seem to find any paper around you, the Voice assistant can come of use. All you need to do is record the list and save it. Additionally, you can book appointments, record anything, look up various queries like what makes the Pegasus spyware so dangerous or what is metaverse, and more!
However, if for some reason you’re not happy with this feature and would like to turn off Google Voice assistant, this guide will show you how to get started. We will show you how to turn off Google Assistant on your device, temporarily turn it off, and how to change the Google Voice settings accordingly.
How to turn off Google Assistant on your Android smartphone
- On your smartphone, click on the Google app.
- Click on “More” on the bottom-right of the screen.
- Click on “Settings.”
- And now click on “Google Assistant.”
- Scroll to “Assistant devices” and click on “Phone” under it.
- Click on the Google Assistant toggle button to enable it.
- That’s all!
Another thing you can try to turn off Google’s voice is by just saying “Hey Google, turn yourself off or switch yourself off.” It will then guide you with directions on how you can turn off Google Assistant.
How to turn off Google Assistant temporarily on your smart home devices
Other than your Android smartphone, if there are other devices that you’d like to turn off Google Voice for, it’s pretty easy to go through with it. Plus, another perk is that you can switch off Google Assistant at certain time durations. Here’s how you can get started:
- Click on the “Google Home” app.
- Click on “Home” and then choose a device.
- Now, click on the “Settings: icon.
- Click on “Digital Wellbeing” and then on “New Schedule.”
- Add any devices to it for application and then click on “Next.”
- Create a schedule by selecting the days. Choose a “preset schedule” or a “custom schedule.”
- Click on “Next.”
- Set the “Start” and the “End” timing schedule.
- Click “Next” and then on “Done.”
And that’s about it! You’ve now turned off the Google Assistant on your smart home devices temporarily. You can, at any time, reverse the settings you created.
Now, if you don’t want to disable Google Voice, and would only like to customize or tweak the settings, refer to the tutorial below.
How to customize Google Assistant settings
- Go to “Settings” on your device and click on “Apps.”
- Click on the three dots on the top-right of the screen for more options.
- Click on “Default apps.”
- Now, click on “Device assistance.”
- You should find more options by clicking on the gear settings icon.
- Click on “Voice Match.”
- Switch off “Access with Voice Match”
- You can leave the “While driving” option on.
Note that these settings depend entirely on the kind of smartphone you have; it may not be available for all versions. You can toggle and tweak around with even more settings to customize Google voice according to your preferences.
Is there Google Voice on iPhone?
You can find a Google app on the App Store that allows you to run the Google Voice app on iPhone. Even though Google Assistant is more user-friendly, you could use the Siri voice assistant for your iPhone.
And that’s a wrap! You now know how to turn off Google voice on your smartphone and other smart home devices. As mentioned above, you can even customize the settings according to your requirements.