A Quick Guide to find your Router’s IP Address on All Devices
By Christine Margret 5 minutes
A router IP address is required to make essential configuration changes. If you don’t have any idea about how to find router IP address then this guide will help you.
When you send traffic outside your current network then it needs an IP address called “default gateway”.
When you use a single router and connect multiple devices to it, the router uses its private IP address as the default gateway. All the connected devices throw traffic to that IP address by default. And the Windows devices know this IP address as the default gateway.
However, iPhones, iPads and Mac devices know it as “Router”. Other devices call it “gateway”.
It’s important to find your router’s IP address in order to change or configure settings on your router’s web-based setup page.
In this guide, we will show you how you can find your router’s IP address on different devices. You’ll need to turn off Router VPN – if you are running one – to access your router. Keep reading to get your router web address.
How to find the router IP address in Android
Follow these quick steps to find router address in Android:
- Tap on the “Settings” icon
- Move to “Network & Internet”
- Select “Wi-Fi”
- Click on the “Wireless Network” that you are connected to
- Here you can find “Gateway” and your IP address is next to it.
How to find a router IP address from an iPad or iPhone
Finding router IP address from an iPad or iPhone is easy. Follow these steps:
- Tap on “Settings”
- Go to ‘’Wi–Fi”
- Tap the Wi-Fi network you are currently connected to
- Click on the blue button appearing next to your Wi-Fi network name
- Under IP Address, see Router along with mentioned IP address.
There are two ways to find router IP on Windows. Here’s how to do it
Way number 1
- Click on the start menu
- Type in CMD in the search field
- Select “Command Prompt”
- A new window will appear, write “ ipconfig” and enter
- You’ll see some numbers exactly next to the “Default Gateway” this is your router’s IP
Way number 2
- Tap the network icon appearing on the bottom right
- Now click right to explore this option “ Open Network and Sharing Center”
- Click on the link appearing next to “Connections”
- Hit on the “Details”
- You’ll see the IP address next to IPv4 Default Gateway
How to Find Router IP Address in MacOS
There are two methods to find router IP in MacOS. Here’s how to do it:
- Move to Utilities select Terminal
- A new screen will popup
- write ‘’ netstat -nr | grep default ‘’
- Now can see “IP address” mentioning next to “default”
- Tap on Apple’s menu and go to “Settings Preferences”
- Hit on the “Network References”
- Select Wi-Fi (click LAN for wired connection)
- Now, tap on Advance > TCP/IP
- You can see Router IP, writing next to “Router”
How to Find Router IP Address using Linux
If you’re currently using Linux operating system and looking for a way to get your Wi-Fi router number then here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Network Icon appearing on the notification zone
- Select Connection Information
- See the Router IP next to Gateway or Default Route
How to Find Router IP in Chrome OS
Follow these quick steps to Find Router IP on Chromebook:
- Go to the taskbar (click at the right side notification zone)
- Tap on “Connected to [Network Name]”
- Click at your network name
- Now tap the Network tab and see router address mentioned as ‘’Gateway’’
If you’re using a device other than our listed devices still you can find your typical router IP by checking network connection settings.
How to log in to your Router
Here’s a quick overview to log in to your router:
- Open web browser
- Type your router IP Address
- Enter your admin (default) username and password
- Click OK.
Why do routers have IP addresses?
Generally, a router contains two IP addresses. Each IP address is dedicated to each router interface out of its two interfaces.
The first router interface is known as WAN (Wide Area Network) interface. This interface is exposed to the internet and holds a public IP address.
The other router interface is known as LAN (Local Area Network) interface. This interface is exposed to the home network’s computers and holds a private IP address.
A router uses public IP to get connected to DSL modems and private IP address is only dedicated to the home network.
It means that web servers are unable to deliver any internet data to private IP. It can only send data to the router and then the router delivers data to a computer that runs with a private IP.
What is the IP address of my Wi-Fi router?
You can check your wireless Wi-Fi router IP address easily by following the simple steps below:
- Go to the section “Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi
- See Default Gateway, your IP address is next to it.
Following these quick steps will help you to get your router settings IP. In case, if you’ve forgotten your router IP address, you can find your router IP address on any device by following our blog.